Savor yourself with this hearty side dish that is easy to prepare whether you have loads of pumpkin leftovers in your tray because of Halloween parties or simply because your kids or any family member is not a fan of squash while throwing them away is not really an option for you.
Get your creative minds working with the steps below and I bet you would not regret making it.
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 50g pumpkin or squash (boiled and mashed)
- 4 cups of chicken broth
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon of ground pepper
- Heat olive oil in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the onion, garlic and cook, while stirring for about 3 minutes until it becomes soft.
- Stir in mashed pumpkin/squash, chicken broth, coconut milk, salt, pepper and cook, stirring occasionally for about 3 minutes or until soup simmers.
- Scoop into bowls and top it with bits of greens, meat, croutons or as desired.
www. lifesambrosia.com, carribeanpot.com