Milk tea has been a staple beverage these days. Its smooth and creamy semi bitter-sweet taste is winsome to everyone. Milk tea outlets had sprung like mushrooms in every corner everywhere in the Philippines due to its gaining popularity. However, for some reason there were also reports about milk tea poisoning that distressed Filipinos and even created a “milk tea scare” craze instead.
To know what’s in your milk tea is to prepare them yourself. Here is another simple and easy mixture of ingredients to create your own version of milk tea at home:
Iced Milk Tea
2 bags of tea
6 oz (185 ml) water
4 oz (125 ml) sweetened condensed milk or skim milk
Tapioca pearls (optional)
- Place the tea bags in a large mug and add hot water.
- Let the tea steep for a few minutes.
- Add the condensed milk or skim milk.
- Fill a glass with ice. Pour the tea over the ice and enjoy.
- Add tapioca pearls (optional).
*makes one serving
Feature image from:rappler.com